Click on a link below to be taken to that entry
About the Program
This program prepares advanced-practice nurses to provide primary health care to clients, families and communities. All students take core courses covering theoretical foundations for nursing practice, health systems and models, advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology, nursing research and advanced health assessment. Clinical courses emphasize the care of adult, pediatric and geriatric patients and their families.
The goals of the Nurse Practitioner Program are to prepare graduates to:
- Evaluate and apply theories and research findings to the advanced practice of nursing.
- Collaborate with health care providers and consumers to design and initiate strategies to influence the nature and outcomes of health care services.
- Engage in advanced practice based on legal and ethical principles and professional standards of practice.
- Assume a leadership role in identifying and resolving issues that have an actual or potential impact on nursing and health care.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills of an advanced-practice nurse in a variety of client care situations.
- Continue to acquire knowledge and skills requisite to maintaining and enhancing advanced practice expertise.
For more information, call 706-721- 3676, or visit www.gru.edu/nursing/
- Primary care settings such as health clinics, medical offices and managed care settings
- Other areas such as clinical research, education and public health
Family Nurse Practitioners in the middle 50% earn between $76,482 and $90,148.
This program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Graduates are eligible for national board certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Computer literacy - A laptop computer is required upon enrollment. See minimum laptop specifications at http://www.gru.edu/nursing/laptop_requirement.php. A working knowledge of word processing, presentation, and data spreadsheet software is highly recommended.
Estimated Tuition and Fees
For estimated tuition and fees, please see the Financial Information section of this catalog.