Click on any link below to be taken to that entry.
About the Program
The Master of Public Health (MPH) Program at GRU, accredited by the Council of Education in Public Health (CEPH) is a two-year program offering core public health courses with concentrations in Health Management and Health Informatics. The Program also includes a public health internship and a Capstone research experience. This comprehensive educational experience is designed to prepare leaders with critical thinking, problem-solving, and information management skills needed to improve healthcare delivery and promote public health.
An MPH degree presents tremendous value to “clinicians” as well as “non-clinical professionals,” with undergraduate preparation in any field.
- Clinicians are prepared to be leaders in evidence-based quality improvement, patient-centered care, and community health. They are equipped with research skills to critically evaluate clinical literature and promote evidence in diverse areas such as health services organization.
- Non-clinical professionals are prepared with knowledge and skills from multiple disciplines to create and manage information systems, improve healthcare delivery and thereby promote community health.
The MPH Program is offered largely online, and can be completed in two years. It is designed to support the working professional in pursuit of a graduate degree. Graduates are prepared to be leaders in healthcare organizations, public health agencies, the pharmaceutical and information technology industries, and research institutes.
Graduates will be able to manage information enterprises of:
- Healthcare organizations
- Public health agencies
- Research institutes
- Industries including pharmaceutical, healthcare technology and insurance
The MPH Program is accredited by the Council for Education in Public Health (CEPH).
Please see the Office of Academic Admissions website for specific admissions information:
Students must be computer-literate and have access to a PC running Windows XP Professional and connected to a broadband Internet Service Provider. Hardware and software requirements for iMPH on-line courses:
- Pentium III processor (Pentium IV highly recommended)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB or higher recommended)
- CD-ROM, CD-RW or DVD-RW recommended
- 40GB hard drive (60GB or higher preferred)
- SVGA (1024 x 768 or higher) display
- Full duplex sound card with speakers/headphones and microphone
- Windows operating system, Windows XP or higher recommended
- Internet connection through an ISP account or a network; cable, DSL or satellite required. (Dial-up Internet connection is not acceptable for this program.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher
- Microsoft Office 2007 Professional (or higher to include Access 2007)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher
- Additional course specific applications Proprietary browser versions (those not downloaded directly from Microsoft) may not work reliably with on-line systems. If you use other “Office” type programs, some professors may require you to convert your files to an MS-Office-compatible format for on-line submission. Your connection to the Internet may initiate behind a firewall; however, the firewall settings may have to be adjusted to accommodate our Web-based tool.
Estimated Tuition and Fees
For estimated tuition and fees, please see the Financial Information section of this catalog.