Click on any link below to be taken to that entry.
Master of Science In Allied Health Offers the Following Concentrations for Students Already Licensed in:
(MSAHS - Dental Hygiene
Please contact the Office of Academic Admissions regarding application to any of these concentrations:
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Nuclear Medicine Technology
This research degree program for allied health and related health professionals is interdisciplinary, research-oriented and requires a thesis.
The objectives are to prepare:
- Specialized clinical practitioners with advanced knowledge and skills in related basic and clinical sciences
- Researchers who can formulate questions, organize and test ideas and examine information from basic and clinical sciences to apply to their disciplines
- Leaders who can help plan, develop and deliver cost-effective, quality health care services
BS-DH Applicants Only: If you have taken college courses already, your next step is to request an unofficial transcript evaluation to find out if the classes that you have taken will transfer into core requirements required by MCG. This is a free preliminary evaluation of your course work.
All Applicants: For official application, official transcripts are required from all colleges ever attended. Transcripts should be mailed to MCG’s Office of Academic Admissions directly from the Registrar’s office of the institution. Applicants may also deliver or mail official transcripts to MCG if the transcript remains in the original, unopened, sealed and stamped/signed envelope from the Registrar’s office at the institution.
Office of Academic Admissions
Medical College of Georgia
Room 170 Kelly Bldg. Administration
Augusta, GA 30912-7310
Phone: 706-721-2725 or 800-519-3388
After your application is COMPLETE in MCG Office of Admissions, it will be sent to our dental hygiene department for committee review. The dental hygiene admission committee reviews applications as soon as they are complete. So the sooner you apply, the quicker we can give you an admissions decision. We look forward to receiving your application!
Apply online at www.mcg.edu/Admissions, or contact the Office of Academic Admissions listed above.
Estimated Tuition and Fees
For estimated tuition and fees, please see the Tuition and Fees section of this catalog.
Completion of a minimum of 36 semester hours with the following minimum requirements:
- Basic Science Core—7 semester hours
- Research Tools and Methods—7 semester hours
- Thesis Research—4 semester hours
- Interdisciplinary/disciplinary Studies—18 semester hours