Nov 28, 2020
Welcome to the Georgia Health Sciences University College of Nursing. I am delighted that you have chosen to spend your career in service to others as a nurse. I am equally pleased that you will begin the journey at GHSU - you’ve made an excellent choice. Here you will have the rare opportunity to immerse yourself in an environment where healthcare is the focus - both educating future professionals and meeting the current needs of our community. You will receive a world-class education from nurses who are leaders in education, research and practice, and gain a broader perspective through your interaction with students and faculty from other health disciplines including medicine, dentistry, biomedical science, and allied health.
GHSU College of Nursing is dedicated to providing you the best preparation to launch or advance your nursing career. There are few nursing programs that offer the variety and versatility that you find here, and we are working diligently to ensure that you have access to the latest in technology and amenities to enhance your educational experience. We’ve integrated traditional instruction with online and simulation technology to accommodate a range of learning styles and preferences. You’ll enjoy attending class in a state-of-the-art facility and the opportunity to interact with other GHSU nursing students (throughout the state) via internet and web connections.
Whatever your career trajectory, you will leave MCG prepared to take on new challenges, embrace exciting opportunities, and forge your own path in the world of nursing. Again, welcome to the Georgia Health Sciences University College of Nursing where we are preparing tomorrow’s nurses, today.
-Lucy N. Marion, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean and Professor
The GHSU College of Nursing offers:
- Excellence in undergraduate and graduate education (nationally-ranked) in our BSN, MSN, PhD and DNP programs
- The latest in classroom technology and curricula that integrate traditional instruction with the online and simulation technology
- An academic nursing clinic that serves as a centerpiece for providing clinical services and training site opportunities for faculty and students
- Involvement in ground-breaking biobehavioral research in such vital areas as health disparities, cancer prevention and control, cardiovascular risk reduction, and smoking cessation
- A Center for Nursing Research that provides a wide range of services to support our growing research enterprise, and our researchers have access to specialized research amenities across campus
- Excellent opportunities to collaborate with other professionals in a dynamic, resource-rich health sciences university environment that includes modern multi-media classrooms and a high-fidelity simulation laboratory
|Dean and Professor
||Lucy Marion, PhD, RN, FAAN
|Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
||Janie Heath, PhD, APRN-BC, FAAN
|Associate Dean for Strategic Management
||Judith Salzer, PhD, MBA, CPNP
|Associate Dean for Research
||E. Gerald Bennett, PhD, APRN, FAAN
|Associate Dean for Simulated Learning Innovations
||Lori Schumacher, PhD, RN, CCRN
|Chair, Biobehavioral Nursing
||Barbara Kiernan, PhD, APRN
|Chair, Physiological and Technological Nursing
||Shirley Quarles, EdD, RN
|Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
||Pamela Cook, DNP, RN
|Assistant Dean for Community Partnerships
||Saundra Turner, EdD, RN
To improve health and wellness in individuals, families, and communities through the discovery and dissemination of nursing knowledge and the translation of science into practice.
The CON will be an exemplar of excellence among academic health science schools of nursing.
For additional information regarding the College of Nursing policies, please visit the following sites: