Welcome to the Georgia Regents University College of Nursing. I am delighted that you will embark on an educational journey at GRU - you’ve made an excellent choice! Here you will have the rare opportunity to immerse yourself in an environment where healthcare is the focus - educating healthcare professionals, delivering healthcare to our communities, and discovering new healthcare knowledge. You will receive a world-class education from outstanding nurse educators who care about students and their learning, and you will gain a broader perspective through your interaction with students and faculty from medicine, dental medicine, biomedical science, and allied health sciences.
GRU College of Nursing is dedicated to excellence in education from which to launch or advance your nursing career. Few nursing programs offer the variety and versatility of clinical and research options found here. We have integrated traditional instruction with online and simulation technology to accommodate a range of learning styles, locations, and preferences. To enhance your educational experience, GRU provides state-of-the-art campus facilities and distance instructional technologies which are supported by committed, student-oriented professionals.
Whatever your career trajectory, you will leave GRU prepared to take on new challenges, embrace exciting opportunities, and forge your own path in the world of nursing. Again, welcome to the Georgia Regents University College of Nursing where we are preparing tomorrow’s nurses…today.
-Lucy N. Marion, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean and Professor
The GRU College of Nursing offers:
· Excellence in undergraduate and graduate education (nationally-ranked) in our BSN, MSN, PhD and DNP programs
· The latest in classroom technology and curricula that integrate traditional instruction with the online and simulation technology
· An academic nursing clinic that serves as a centerpiece for providing clinical services and training site opportunities for faculty and students
· Involvement in ground-breaking biobehavioral research in such vital areas as health disparities, cancer prevention and control, cardiovascular risk reduction, and smoking cessation
· A Center for Nursing Research that provides a wide range of services to support our growing research enterprise, and our researchers have access to specialized research amenities across campus
· Excellent opportunities to collaborate with other professionals in a dynamic, resource-rich health sciences university environment that includes modern multi-media classrooms and a high-fidelity simulation laboratory
|Dean and Professor
||Lucy Marion, PhD, RN, FAAN
|Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
||Lori Anderson, PhD, RN, CCRN
|Interim Assistant Dean for Research
||Julie Zadinsky, PhD, RN, CCRN
|Associate Dean for Academic Nursing Practice
||Deborah Natvig, PhD, RN
|Chair, Biobehavioral Nursing
||Barbara Kiernan, PhD, APRN
|Interim Chair, Physiological and Technological Nursing
||Nancy Stark, DNP, RN, NEA-BC
|Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
||Pamela Cook, DNP, RN, NE-BC
|Assistant Dean for Community Partnerships
||Saundra Turner, EdD, RN, APRN
To improve health and wellness in individuals, families, and communities through the discovery and dissemination of nursing knowledge and the translation of science into practice.
The CON will be an exemplar of excellence among academic health science colleges of nursing.
Please see the GRU Undergraduate Catalog for information on undergraduate nursing programs.
No active programs available.